Monday, January 18, 2021

Rachel

 

BIRTHDAY MONTH



January is my birthday month – which means I’m using any and every excuse to celebrate, and dress up! And dressing up is simple with a quality bandage dress. I received this blue long-sleeve bandage dress from the Kewl Shop, after having such a good experience with my first bandage dress from them.


I absolutely love how easy it is to make the dressy look complete, add a fabulous pair of earrings and statement shoes, and there you go! I’m so lucky to have the sweetest friends, I received these Kate Spade earrings as a gift from my good friend for Christmas! I can’t wait to visit her over my birthday, in less than 20 days! See you soon Mel & Adam! Also, these Steve Madden heels were a steal at $15 from DSW!

What I’m Wearing

Bandage Dress, c/o Kewl Shop | Kate Spade Earrings, gift from friend  | Heels, Steve Madden via DSW  | Lips, Bite Beauty Matte Lip Crayon in Framboise | Tights, c/o Hanes



WHAT I WORE FOR CHRISTMAS



Happy Tuesday friends! Wow, sorry I didn’t get a chance to wish you a Merry Christmas – so here it is a little late! Better late than never, right? I had the most relaxing Christmas and enjoyed the time spent with my family, boyfriend and Ms. Emma of course. I took Emma with me on Tuesday night and my boyfriend came down to Iowa on Christmas Eve, picking up my grandma along the way. Just as they arrived, the most beautiful snow began to fall. It continued through the time we went to Mass and opened gifts that night. It felt so magical after a snow-less December. It truly was a magical Christmas!

I decided to wear something comfortable, but still dressy. I first had on my red skirt, but after all the drinks and food over the past few days, I decided I didn’t want to sit through church in it. I changed into my red lace dress, last seen here, and wore it as a top with my comfortable black skater skirt. I added my Hanes tights (read more about how important they were for me this year here) and a pearl cluster necklace – just to add a bit of a statement. And my final touch of red lipstick – my favorite for many years. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and are getting excited to ring in the New Year this week! I work through tomorrow and am looking forward to counting down to the New Year, and welcoming 2016 with open arms. Have a great week!



What I’m Wearing

Red Lace Dress (Worn as Top), Thrifted  | Skirt, H&M  | Necklace, c/o Happiness Boutique ( | Tights, c/o Hanes | Heels, DSW  | Lipstick, YSL


HOLIDAY PARTY STYLE WITH H&M


December is upon us, which means I have officially entered into full holiday mode – non-stop Christmas music, sparkling lights galore and getting ready for festivities ranging from work parties to holiday events with friends and family. While the joy and the cheer of the season is certainly delightful, one of the most exciting parts about the holiday season is being able to plan what I’m wearing for holiday parties!
I always start by focusing my party outfit around shades of red or green, and then add details like sparkly jewels, textures and a fabulous pair of heels. H&M has the perfect selection of bright holiday colors, sparkly jewelry, textured tights, skirts and beautiful, unique pieces.  When I spotted this bright red, cozy sweater, I thought it would be fun to dress up for a picture perfect party outfit. With a textured tweed skater skirt, lace tights and a layered, rhinestone necklace, the sweater turns from a more casual style to glam. The final details, including my bright red lip and sequin clutch, make me ready for any holiday party!





What I’m Wearing:

Red Sweater // Necklace // Skirt // Lace Tights  (all H&M!)


VINTAGE FLORAL DRESS


The best kind of dresses are vintage dresses. I own about ten of them and they are my absolute favorite dresses… unique, high quality, beautiful patterns and colors, fit like a dream and make me feel special. I tend to wear them on the weekends, which is usually when I ignore taking photos for the blog, but I’d love to share more of them soon, so stay tuned!


Do you know what’s best about this vintage dress? It’s my beautiful mother’s dress that she let me borrow! I think I was supposed to give it back to her over the 4th of July, but shhh… I love it so much mom, can’t I keep it? Just kidding, guess it’s time to get back to Napa Valley to visit Betty’s Girl Napa! If you are in Napa Valley I HIGHLY recommend checking this vintage boutique out ! Happy hump day!


Dress, Vintage (My mother’s) Betty’s Girl Napa 

Belt, c/o 10DollarMall.com 

Heels, DSW 


CHAMBRAY + METALLIC SKIRT




So, I’ve seen this kind of look a few times and love the idea of a chambray shirt with a sequin skirt, but for work, a metallic skirt works a little better. I’ve seen Laura and Jessie (found on Pinteresther blog is now found under Fashion Salade rock this look, and honestly this look all came together when I decided I wanted to wear my denim dress.  But of course my struggle of getting ready in the morning… I didn’t know what to wear with my denim dress, so I instead turned it into a shirt by adding a thrifted metallic skirt and a thin leopard print belt. Adding a black blazer and some booties, I had my version of this look complete! Comfy, yet cute and I love that I was able to get more use out of my denim dress! Do you like to wear your dresses as skirts or shirts?



Denim Dress, Lucky Brand  :: Metallic Skirt, Thrifted  :: Leopard Belt, Primark :: Booties, JustFab  :: Blazer, Thrifted  :: Tights, Target  :: Earrings, Lia Sophia :: Lipstick, Revlon, Fire and Ice 


PETER PAN


Whenever I wear these green tights, I always think that I am being Peter Pan for a day.  I have always dreamed of going to Neverland.  It would be nice, wouldn’t it?


Trench, Target  Dress, Ann Taylor Loft , Pumps, Just Fab , Belt, Primark , Necklace, Plato’s Closet , Tights, Younkers 

No comments: