Thursday, November 14, 2013

Ricarda

Darling, Darling…



This sweet dress was a gift from the lovely peeps over at Darling Clothes and in every way, this gift was such a surprise.
Firstly, because I did expect a lot of other packages that day but the one to arrive I had totally forgotten about. I was so happy, but I was also confused at the colour of the dress which didn’t meet my expectations at all! No, it was so much better than I had expected, actually! When they had offered me to choose a dress from their site, I told them I loved the Leanne dress best, so they agreed to send it over. When I opened the package, however, it wasn’t at all the expected creamy colour but rather a blueish grey which I adore so much more. But still, listen, Darlings, you just can’t do such things to me, haha! I really hope the blue coloured Leanne dress will be in store very soon as well! It’s too nice.
I’ve styled this very sweet and pretty dress with my Miu Miu sparrow heels because you can never go wrong with pattern overload if it’s the same colour range. Also I thought with all the sweetness, I had to break it down with my black bag and heavily studded ZARA belt. It’s just that nice mix of Rock’n'Romance(I should put a trademark on that word!) again which I love so so much!
On another notice, the winners from the Manhattan Limited Blogger Edition Giveaway are joy and bettyboopuh, I loved their answers best! Congratulations, sweeties, you’ll be getting an e-mail very soon! Thank you EVERYONE for their great answers – the next giveaway will be up and running very soon, stay tuned!!

 [Darling Clothes dress, ZARA studded belt, DvF bag, miu miu pumps]
Dieses hübsche Kleid war ein Geschenk voller Überraschungen von Darling Clothes (vielleicht habt ihr ja schon vor einer Weile deren Banner in meiner Sidebar entdeckt).
Überraschend deshalb, weil ich an dem Tag, als es ankam, alles Mögliche an Post erwartet hätte, aber dieses Kleid überhaupt nicht mehr auf dem Radar hatte. Ich habe mich so über das Geschenk gefreut, war aber zugleich sehr verwundert über die Farbe des Kleides, die ich irgendwie anders in Erinnerung hatte. Ehrlich gesagt gefällt es mir so aber viel besser als die Farbe, in der es auf der Website angezeigt wird. Das Kleid, von dem ich spreche, ist das Leanne Kleid und wenn ihr auch nur halbwegs gut sehen könnt, werdet ihr erkannt haben, dass sich das cremefarbene Kleid auf der Seite und meine Version in Taubenblau lediglich in Schnitt und Print gleichen und die Farbe, in der ich es erhalten habe, dort nicht zu finden ist. Ich hoffe aber sehr, dass es meine Version noch in den Shop schaffen wird, ich finde sie nämlich traumhaft!
Dieses sehr süße und mädchenhafte Kleid habe ich zusammen mit meinen Miu Miu Schwalbenheels gestylt, denn Muster darf man meiner Meinung nach wild mixen, so lange sich die Farbtöne irgendwie im gleichen Spektrum aufhalten. Außerdem habe ich mir gedacht, bei all der Niedlichkeit muss noch etwas rockigeres dazu, also habe ich mir meine schwarze Lieblingstasche und den mega ZARA Nietengürtel geschnappt und schon war ich wieder bei meinen typischen Rock’n'Romance (ich sollte mir den Begriff patentieren lassen!) Stil (-bruch) angelangt, den ich so liebe!
Im Übrigen haben joy und bettyboopuh die beiden Nagellacksets des Manhattan Limited Edition Nagellack Gewinnspiels gewonnen! Ihre Antworten haben mir am allerbesten gefallen – herzlichen Glückwunsch, ihr bekommt eine E-mail!! DANKE übrigens für ALLE eure tollen Antworten – das nächste Gewinnspiel kommt schon bald!!







Will There Be Stars


 We’re all very busy right now but I still managed to convince my lovely bf to take some more pictures this afternoon – what an amazing light and what an unexpected spot we chose for these – just around the corner! Beauty lies so close sometimes… have a wonderful week and weekend!!




Zara blouse and coat, H&M leather look skirt, Topshop platforms, Ray Ban sunnies



With my love missing


 This week I’m visiting my family back home which is nice. My boyfriend came along which is even nicer. Today we took it easy, went shopping and later took a stroll down to the new town hall where we enjoyed ice cream and a fabulous view. Then my sister took pictures of my boyfriend and me together (mainly for our parents but I’ll put some up on my wall as well) but because he’s shy I won’t post them here just yet 
 Afterwards, my sister went home and we enjoyed some food and drink down at the lake before I lay down by the water on my man’s lap and had the late afternoon sun shine on me. It was beautiful, only that on our way home, he decided to push me under a water fountain so I had to ride the tram seriously and completely wet, haha.
Today you can see me wearing my new-ish (already bought shoes even after these) Terra Plana shoes, which are so lovely, comfortable and pretty at the same time.
Anyway, see you soon my lovely readers and a perfect week to all of you!

H&M blouse and skirt, vintage belt, Zara bag, Terra Plana pumps


We’ve got a baby!



Well, admittedly, my sister has. Her friend gave her this Shaun cuddly thingie for Christmas, so we took him out for a walk today. This sheep can say “meeehhh meehh” if you squeeze his nose and when you pull his tail, it starts to shiver 
 What a lovely toy!!
Hope you enjoy the pics. I’m waiting for my friends to arrive right now, so I figured I could as well post something here (yeh, I’m improving, trying to reanimate my blog)
I was baking a delicious Sacher-cake yesterday, can’t wait to eat it aaaal up (not) xD
Do you guys like snow? I mean, it’s really pretty and all, but a) your feet get all wet, b) the camera doesn’t like it ’cause it’s too bright and c) it’s cold ;D
I like snow for a day, but man, I wish it was spring already!!
Wearing a Zara black velvet dress (*love*), vintage fake fur coat, knock off CL ankle boots, Topshop tights, H&M ring.
See you soon, and remember, I’m doing a Q&A right now, so keep sending me questions, I’ll answer them soon!




Learning Happiness


 Today, I feel really well! I’d almost consider myself perfectly happy. How often do you remind yourself of how good you actually feel I wonder? Do you regularly sit down and think “Wow, today, I’m actually really happy!”? I kind of learned to… still learning, actually.
To be happy, I really don’t need much. I don’t need a lot of money (thank God I’m getting all those clothes for free hahah), I don’t need to go to distant places for holidays, I don’t need to go out to party and I don’t need a big house to live in. I don’t even need a car or fancy food in fancy places.
I can live off very little to feel perfectly fine and everything that makes me happy, I can easily break down into two things: love and health. I know that sounds cheesy and like something you’d write down on a birthday card, but it’s SO true! When I’m with the one I love, I don’t care WHERE we are and I don’t need ANYTHING else. And when I know I’m in good health, that’s the icing on the cake.
How much better can life get than to hold that special someone close to your heart and even more importantly, to know that he loves you back? I consider myself truly rich just because of that. Just keep reminding yourself of those two things and try to cherish them as much as possible. I’m trying and you know what, it’s not even that hard when you know that love and health cannot be taken for granted!
And because I’m so very happy today, you’ll even see me laugh in the last picture – a rarity I must say, haha! I’m actually laughing a lot in real life, by the way!

 Heute fühle ich mich richtig gut! Ich würde fast sagen, ich bin wirklich glücklich. Wie oft macht ihr euch bewusst, wie gut es euch eigentlich geht? Setzt ihr euch immer mal wieder hin und denkt: “Wow, heute bin ich richtig glücklich!”? Ich habe das irgendwie gelernt… lerne immer noch weiter, ehrlich gesagt.
Um glücklich zu sein, braucht es nicht viel. Ich benötige nicht viel Geld (zum Glück bekomme ich die ganzen Klamotten ja umsonst, haha), ich muss nicht weit weg in den Urlaub fahren, ich muss auch nicht viel Party machen oder in einem riesigen Haus wohnen. Ich brauche nichtmal ein Auto und teuer Essen gehen ist auch nicht etwas, was ich unbedingt brauche.
Ich kann von sehr wenig sehr gut leben und mich dabei einfach perfekt fühlen. Was mich wirklich glücklich macht, sind zwei kleine und gleichzeitig unfassbar große Dinge: Liebe und Gesundheit. Ich weiß, dass das irgendwie blöd und wie etwas, das man auf eine Geburtstagskarte schreibt, klingt, aber es ist SO wahr! Wenn ich mit meinem Liebsten zusammen bin, dann ist es mir so egal, WO wir sind; dann brauche ich nichts weiter. Und wenn ich dann noch halbwegs gesund bin, dann ist es reine Perfektion!
Wie viel besser kann das Leben werden als zu wissen, dass ihr den richtigen Menschen gefunden habt und noch viel wichtiger, dass er euch ebenso sehr liebt? Ich halte mich für wahrhaftig reich – nur aus diesem Grund! Erinnert euch einfach immer wieder selbst daran, wie wichtig und wertvoll diese zwei Dinge sind und pflegt sie so gut ihr nur könnt. Das ist es, was ich versuche und wisst ihr was? Es ist gar nicht so schwer, wenn man sich bewusst macht, dass Liebe und Gesundheit eben nicht selbstverständlich sind!

AX Paris patterned dress
ZARA biker jacket
FREDs BRUDER studded bag
Topshop platform heels


White Lies In Prague


 Welcome all to my first outfit post from the marvellous Czech capital Prague! What a beautiful place indeed. Everywhere I walked, I wanted to take pictures of the lovely houses, breathtaking towers and churches and cute little winding streets. If it hadn’t been for the freezing cold wind, this holiday would’ve been far too perfect. But even with the cold, we had a wonderful time and soaked up as much impressions and pictures as we could. And we will definitely be back once the summer is here! We love you, Prague!
Be sure to check back in the following days when I’ll be posting a lot more about my holidays in Prague, by the way!
 Herzlich Willkommen zu meinem ersten Outfit-Post aus der wunderbaren tschechischen HauptstadtPrag! Was für ein schöner Ort das doch ist. Egal wo wir entlang liefen, ich wollte ständig Fotos machen. Egal ob von den hübschen Häusern, den beeindruckenden Türmen und Kirchen oder den niedlichen, gewundenen Straßen. Wenn es dabei nicht so eisig kalt und der Wind nicht so beißend gewesen wäre, dann wäre dieser Urlaub viel zu perfekt gewesen. Aber trotz der Kälte hatten wir eine unbeschreibliche Zeit und haben alle Eindrücke und Bilder aufgesogen. Sicherlich kommen wir bald wieder. Dann, im Sommer, wenn es warm ist. Wir lieben dich, Prag!
Und kommt in den nächsten Tagen immer mal wieder hier her, denn dann poste ich noch viel mehr über meinen Urlaub in Prag!

Mango white jacket
Zara white shirt
Topshop leather look leggings 
Kurt Geiger wedge pumps
Proenza Schouler PS11 bag
SIX jewelry necklace
SIX rings


I DO believe the Collective Unconscious exists


 Can you believe I’ve already finished my kinda-like-Rodarte-inspired-knitted dress?? Ahhh I’m so glad it turned out very nice and not as a waste of wool throwaway thing xD It took me about 2 weeks to knit this piece, starting at the neck and then slowly working myself down, always adding a couple of knits every new row, so that in the end it turned out REALLY FUCKIN’ wide at the lowest part! 
I didn’t use too small needles but also not the biggest, maybe 10” and I knitted on a round needle of course, but I knitted it in a VERY loose way, regularly losing my knits off the needle! But I managed to somehow finish it anyway, so I’m really glad!
By the way, for the real Rodarte look, you just gotta wear the dress left side out, and thus, never forget to have any threads hanging out on that side!
Next? Maybe some knitted tights? We’ll see, yippeh yeah!!
The location of this photo shoot with my wonderful sister? Our parents’ garden… it’s such a paradise in spring when everything is in bloom and almost seems to be too much for the garden to cope with… but it’s not of course! It’s the most relaxing place I can think of and I enjoy relaxing there as often as time and weather allows me 



Wearing black tights, Topshop Predator gladiator heels, self-knitted Rodarte-inspired dress


Fall colours


 As I already wrote about half a year ago, the cemeteries in Kreuzberg are really lovely to take walks on. Also, autumn appears to have decided to turn sunny again which is sweet. Last week was quite busy, what with work and other stuff we did – like enjoying the view on the Berlin Funkturm and going to see “The Social Network” at the movies. Also, my boyfriend is occupying my MacBook at the moment as his own is broken and right now being repaired, so I’m not spending that much time online as I’m used to, haha.
It’s leo again with my little H&M cardigan which is one of my fave pieces of clothing right now – I’m wearing it so often because it goes so well with everything. Quite underwhelmed by the H&M sales right now, though – so boring.



H&M cardigan, Levi's 501 cutoffs, Topshop booties, Mulberry bag, various jewelry


                       Varius outfit














Original post-
http://wie-hund-und-katze.com                   






No comments: