Sunday, March 17, 2013

Bianca



Grey Day


 Sunday was a grey day: the weather was cold and it had rained in the morning, so I decided to go with the flow and match my look to the weather. Me and my hubby went for a walk and we took these pictures at the former stronghold of Timisoara: Maria Therezia Bastion. 
Grey is one of the autumnal neutrals and you can never go wrong when mixing a dark neutral with red. The rich velvet burgundy jacket makes the outfit pop and gives it an aristocratic vibe. I completed the look with suede accessories: The grey suede ankle boots complement the simple sweater dress and the grey lapels of the jacket. I let the outfit speak for itself by adding subtle sterling silver jewelry: a pair of dangle earrings and a cocktail ring. As for the makeup, I went for a classic look - neutral eyes and a deep burgundy red lip....

Red velvet jacket Anna Biagini Italy
Grey sweater dress Amour Italy
Suede ankle boots Cristhelen B. for Musette
Suede bag Deichmann 5th Avenue
Alpina tights Charme
Vintage sterling silver jewelry 



Pop of Color



 I searched forever for the perfect pair of black winter shorts and I finally found them at Mango last week. The best thing about them is that they were on sale (I think 50% or something like that). The shorts are made out of wool, which is great for autumn and winter, they have a classic cut and they are very well tailored. I can wear them in so many different outfits. I think they are timeless and that I will get lots of wears out of them. Today, I decided to pair them with a button-down shirt, a velvet blazer and a pair of knit tights to keep me warm. I love mixing textures, so I added a pair of suede and leather ankle boots. As for accessories, I went for Sterling silver jewelry as usual, and I couldn't leave the house without my favorite bag of the moment. I got this bag from my hubby for Christmas 


Velvet blazer Anna Biagini
Shirt Roberta Biagi
Shorts Mango
Opaque tights H&M
Suede and leather ankle boots Pantoful Galben Timisoara
Shoulder bag Zara TRF
Swarovski crystal watch Guess
Sterling silver earrings, ring and cuff
-->


Commander in Chief



 Since military style is so hot right now, I decided to pull out my epaulette blazer from two seasons ago and style it for an outfit post. The look is pretty simple: it combines some wardrobe essentials with some more fashionable pieces. The dark denim jeans are a must have for the cooler months, so make sure you purchase a pair of good quality dark-wash jeans in the style of your choice, because they will last you for years to come; and you can wear the stripped top all year round and in a million different ways. .........

Blazer with shoulder embellishments Nifty by Josephine
Stripped top Orsay
Dark-wash jeans Zara
Lace-up combat boots Fashion Pymes Italy
Messenger bag Zara
Stud earrings H & M
Watch Guess
Sterling silver cuff
White ring H & M

Miss Independent

 Fall is all about mixing the pieces in your wardrobe and about transitioning some summer pieces into your fall looks. One of my favorite ways to put an outfit together is by mixing textures, or in this case mixing styles. I decided to wear a denim shirt with a classic black suit to be fashion forward. The suit is very business, while the shirt screams casual weekend wear, still they go together and the finished look is laid-back, yet elegant, casual, yet work-appropriate. All in all the look is pretty simple, but the details make it more interesting: the peplum on the pencil skirt, the blazer with shoulder loops, the studs on the ankle boots. To jazz up the outfit I added a statement necklace in a bold color, my favorite messenger bag with leopard print detailing and the studded ankle boots. 
Remember to think outside the box, when it comes to fashion: you can mix everything, including different styles, prints (you can mix prints together by sticking to the same color palette or by pairing a neutral and a colorful print), textures (denim, leather, suede, silk, chiffon, knitwear, velvet, cotton, wool - mix and match these textures for a fall-ready look) and colors (color-blocking). Fashion and personal style is not about following some strict rules, it is about experimenting and creating your own personalized look. 

Blazer with shoulder loops Zara
Denim shirt Terranova
Peplum skirt Zara
Studded ankle boots Zara TRF
Leopard print messenger bag Zara
Sunglasses Mango
Statemenr necklace Zara
Alpina tights Charme
Stud earrings H & M
Vintage sterling silver ring

Neon Leopard



This past week wasn't so great for, I was feeling a little under the weather and my photos didn't turn out how I wanted, so excuse my sad face in these pictures. I really hope next week will be better. Anyway, since I still am really tired of this horrible weather, I tried to cheer up with this neon tee I got last season from Zara. I think chromo-therapy really works and bright colors make me happy. 

To tone down the neon hue, I paired it with black coated jeans, a biker faux leather jacket with gold zip detailing and to add pizzazz to my outfit, I pulled out my leopard print ankle bots. As for accessories, I chose a statement necklace and a matching bracelet and a black-stone ring. Of course I didn't forget about my quilted shoulder bag and my Swarovski crystal watch.
Biker jacket Mango
Neon tee Zara
Coated jeans Zara
Ankle boots Zara
Quilted bag Zara TRF
Necklace H&M
Bracelet Meli Melo Paris
Ring H&M
Swarovski crystal watch Guess


Blue Oranges

-->

Stubborn as I am, I'm continuing to wear color during winter. My mother says I'm crazy, that these are summer clothes and that I shouldn't wear them in the fall and winter season. I think, that if you want to stand out from the black and grey crowd, you need to be bold. Colors make me happy on a gloomy and rainy day, so I will continue to infuse brights in my winter wardrobe. For this outfit, I chose to wear the complementary pair blue/orange and to tone it all down with black. The skirt is the first item I ever purchased from Zara (and it was on sale, I think 80% off), so it's very dear to my heart. I love the bold orange color and the blossom print all over the skirt and the silhouette is very flattering for every shape. To complement the skirt, I chose a blue v-neck sweater to elongate my neckline and show a little bit of skin and to tone down the entire ensemble, I added my favorite black blazer and some opaque tights to keep warm. I continued the bold theme with these black and teal suede pumps. As for accessories, I added this small quilted shoulder bag, a flashy statement necklace and some Sterling silver rings 


Blazer with shoulder loops Zara
V-neck sweater 
Blossom print skirt Zara
Suede pumps Amour Timisoara
Quilted shoulder bag Zara TRF
Alpina tights Charme
Statement necklace Zara
Sterling silver rings
Swarovski crystal watch Guess


Varius outfit















-->

No comments: