Monday, January 21, 2013

Girl from Virginia

Sexy skirt




Cardi – New York and Company, Gray Shirt – Target, Skirt – Express, Belt – New York and Company, Tights – Kohls, Shoes – New York and Company, Jewelry – Target
So the item that I FOUND is this skirt. It is a mix of menswear and girly ruffles. I really liked it at the time, but I am not sure {after over 4 years of not wearing it} that the proportions are right for my body. I also feel weird with the ruffles, like they are too girly for me. I also think that it is weird that I would find something to be too girly for me. I mean I LOVE pink, and skirts, and shoes, and girly things in general. I don’t know if it is the combination of the ruffles and pinstripes or just the proportions, but I am not sold on it. I didn’t wear heels today, so that could have contributed to my uncertainty as well.
Plaid skirt
-->
Sweater – Strand via TJ Maxx, Necklace – The Limited, Belt – Fossil via TJ Maxx, Skirt – Express, Watch – DKNY via TJ Maxx, Tights – New York and Company, Shoes – Simply Vera via Kohls
Well I attempted late 50′s early 60′s office fashion.

Overall, I am pleased with my outfit. I even put my hair up in a bun. Not the best bun, but I tried to be Joan-esque.

I also really liked how the raspberry tights played off of the pink belt.
Dress and tights
 Dress – no brand via TJ Maxx, Sweater – Kohls, Belt – New York and Company, Necklace and Earrings – New York and Company, Gray Tights – New York and Company, Black Lace Tights – New York and Company – Gray Flats – New York and Company, Blazer – New York and Company
 Today I decided to layer in a more conventional way and in a more unique way. I layered my dress with a sweater and then a blazer. I wear layers with sweaters a lot and this year have discovered a love for wearing a blazer over an already layered sweater. This allowed me two things by doing this. One – I love the neckline of this dress. It has a nice detail and stays put, so I am covered without adjusting all day. Two – I stayed super warm because man was it cold out this morning. Next I went in a more unique direction and layered my tights. I also did this for two reasons. One – double tights mean LOTS of warmth, way warmer than pants would have kept me today. Two – it makes the black lace way more work appropriate. I through on a statement necklace and a waist defining belt for when I wasn’t covered up with my blazer and went out the door.

Skirt and patterned tights



-->
Shirt (Old Navy), Blazer (New York and Company), Skirt(New York and Company), Tights (DSW),
Shoes (BCBG via TJMaxx),  and  Jewelry (gift from MIL)
I went with a general feeling outfit interpretation for this outfit. I wore very similar pieces, just in different colors. I like how the gray blazer is wool and warm. I am not used to the cold weather we have today. I wanted to keep it more classic looking since I was doing fun tights (also because of the cold) so I wore my faux pearl necklace. I kept the skirt the classic  pencil and wore it bright. I decided to keep my shoe neutral and went with navy because I thought that they blended the best with the outfit. Overall, I love my interpretation. I still wished that I had an orange pencil skirt though.
Skirt and boots
Chunky Sweater – New York and Company, Black Necklace – Express, Polka Dot Skirt – Target, Teal Tights – DSW, Boots – Chinese Laundry via DSW,
So I love a black and white combination. I find myself drawn to black and white pieces, but I also love throwing in just a splash of color. I couldn’t resist the tights, they make the outfit much more me!
I love the idea of this sweater and how warm it is (especially after last night’s snow!!), but I don’t always love how it looks on me. I do really like it with this skirt though. I realized today after leaving though that this skirt is starting to show its wear (it has several snags) and I might need to replace it with a new polka dot skirt. I really love the pockets that this has though.
http://istillchooseyou.wordpress.com



No comments: