Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Shannon from California


Dots & Ruffles


 There's something about pink and grey that I just love together.  It's one of my favorite color combinations.  The tunic sweater that I'm wearing I bought probably two years ago at Anthropologie.  I have a love/hate relationship with it.  I love that it's unique, and soft, and feminine.  I hate that it's a little too short to be a dress, and I'm not quite sure if the ruffles are flattering or not.  Normally I wear it with leggings or jeans, but today I got creative and put a cute little ruffly black skirt underneath.  It's always fun to mix things up and experiment with new looks.

As you all know, I love Etsy.  It's a fun place to shop around and explore.  There is endless talent and creativity on that site, and I think it's wonderful that artists have a place to share their creations.  I used to sell handmade little girl's clothing on Etsy and I felt it was such a supportive and inspiring community. 

Recently, I discovered this amazing shop called Appetite Jewelry.  She makes the sweetest hair accessories and beaded jewelry.  Her attention to detail, feminine inspiration, and gorgeous color palette make her shop so unique and special.  I love to share my favorite Etsy finds with you, and I would love it if you ever want to share yours with me!

I hope you all had a spectacular weekend.  It's been pretty cold and wet here, so I didn't do much playing outside.  But I did snuggle on the couch and watch Rio for the millionth time with my little guy, while Marty and our daughter, Lily, spent the night at the Natural History Museum in Los Angeles.  They had a great time, and Lily came home with so much knowledge about snakes and fossils.  It was pretty darn cute.

Tunic: Anthropologie | Sweater Collective Tunic (old)
Skirt: Kensie | Crepe Chiffon Skirt
Scarf: Anthropologie | Immeasurable Marks Loop
Tights: c/o We Love Colors (light pink)
Shoes: Hinge | Charise Oxford
Hair Clips: c/o Appetite Jewelry
Ring: Stella & Dot | Labradorite Odyssey Ring
Bracelet: Alexis Bittar | Lucite Hinged Bangle

Day to Night



 When it comes to my wardrobe I am drawn to pieces that are not only beautiful but are also versatile.  I love pieces that can transition easily from day to night, or from casual to dressy.  I love to mix it up and wear jeans and a t-shirt with a glamorous necklace, or a sharp blazer with a delicate sundress.  Versatility is key.  

This darling Uber Clutch from GiGi New York is timeless, elegant and versatile. GiGi New York just launched a limited edition of clutches that come with two tassels; one gold tassel and one matching leather tassel so you can choose the tassel that compliments your outfit best.  They sent me this Uber Clutch to test it out and offer my thoughts.  I chose to attach the gold tassel for my look because I love how it popped against the taupe leather, and also because I wanted a bit of dazzle for this outfit.  I love that I can easily switch out the tassel for instant day or night appeal.  


Blouse: c/o Line & DotSkirt: Kensie (from last year), Tights: Target, Shoes: Pour la Victoire Aeesha
NecklaceMargaret ElizabethClutch: c/o GiGi NY Uber Clutch



Wild Thing


It's still been incredibly warm in my part of the world, but I am determined to sport my Fall style.  I can already tell that my Fall uniform is going to be snuggly cardigans, colored denim and comfy shoes.  I'm loving these moccasins from Jellypop.  They ad the perfect touch of whimsy and pop of color to just about any look.  And, the best part is that they are more comfortable that my slippers, and a whole lot cuter!  I was just recently introduced to Jellypop and I'm smitten by their collection of adorable and affordable shoes and boots.



Blouse: Free People Animal Print BlouseSweater: Free People Lake Tahoe CardiPants: AG Stevie AnkleNecklace: Stella & Dot, Moccasins: c/oJellypop 


Coming Up Roses


 Today is my first day back to reality after the holidays. During Winter break I took advantage of staying in my jammies all day and watching a Pirates of the Caribbean marathon with my sweeties. But today it's Monday, and we're all back to our normal routine. It feels like we've all had a chance to recharge our batteries and refresh our spirits. We're all ready to take on the new year with enthusiasm. I'm pretty excited it's a fresh, new year.  I think it's going to be an amazing year, and I'm ready to jump in and get going. 


Blouse: Rebecca Taylor (old), Skirt: Kensie (similar), Tights: DKNY, Shoes: Target, Handbag: c/o Perlina New York, Necklace: c/o Taylor Kenney Jewelry





Autumn Berry





Skirt: Rebecca Taylor | Floral Print Skirt via Shopbop
Coat: Boden (similar)
Belt: Anthropologie | Pin Gleam in Yellow
Shoes: Poetic Licence | Orient Express in Grey via Endless
Tights: DKNY | 412 Opaque in Fatigue

Tribal






Blouse: Anthropologie Shivali Dolman
Shorts: Sanctuary Escape Linen Shorts
Necklace: Anthropologie Evolution Ball Necklace
Shoes: Seychelles Good Ole Days Sandals
-->



Joyful


 Can you believe it's the last weekend before Christmas? My kids are counting down the seconds until Christmas morning. And I must admit, it's just as fun being the parent and getting to relive the magic through their eyes. What I love about Christmas is having a house filled with giggles and music and the scent of cookies baking. Every year my mom and I make a wonderful dinner for the family and after dessert we all make a wish for the coming year. My wish is always the same: health and happiness. Because after all, that's what really matters


SkirtAnthropologieJacket: BCBG (old), Necklace: c/o Brooklyn DesignsBracelet: c/o Brooklyn DesignsTightsCommando
ShoesMatt Bernson


Sunshine & Smiles



 What a happy sunshiney Tuesday!  Today I am especially happy to be outside and soaking up some sun because my entire family came down with a terrible flu over the weekend.  We all spent the weekend on the couch, watching movies and living on Pedialite and ginger ale.  I'm happy to say we are all over our flu's and feeling great!


Dress: Lace Affair | The Kate Dress (size small)
Sash Belt: Shabby Apple
Necklace: Stella & Dot | La Coco Pearl Necklace
Shoes: Tory Burch | Animal Print Eddie's (size 9.5)

Orange Crush


Orange is without a doubt one of my favorite colors for Summer.  I can't get enough of it.  It's fresh, vibrant and so cheerful.



Dress: Anthropologie | Wynne Dress
Clutch: GiGi New York | Pearl Envelope Clutch
Shoes: Diane Von Furstenburg (from Nordstrom Rack)
Necklace: Stella & Dot | Campari Necklace
Bracelet: c/o Erica Anenberg


Wine Mixer



Ahhh... the colors of Fall.  In Southern California we don't see the seasons change so drastically in our surroundings, but I love to incorporate the colors into my wardrobe.  I get giddy about Fall colors.  So rich, so warm, so cozy.  My favorite color this season is wine.  I'm a tad bit obsessed with it.  I'd be totally happy if I was wearing wine from head to toe, but I also love it mixed with other Fall colors, especially mustard and teal.  That is one of the reasons why I love this gorgeous Perlina bag so very much.  It has become my go-to bag for Fall.  It's perfection, right down to the leopard print lining.


-->
Dress: Anthropologie Pastel Paisley DressHandbag: c/o Perlina Nadia Tote (also worn here), Tights: c/o The Stylish FoxBracelet: Alexis Bittar (similar), 
Earrings: Alexis Bittar (similar), Shoes: Seychelles Hydrangea PumpsNails: Chanel Rouge Fatal

Wildflower + Earthies Sandals



 Have you noticed that I have a little addiction to beautiful shoes?  I'm especially fond of sandals.  I wear sandals almost everyday, and throughout all seasons.  Living in California, a girl can't survive without some comfortable, beautiful, and stylish sandals.  This pair of sandals I'm wearing from Earthies are one of my favorite pairs because they are seriously SO comfortable and I'm a sucker for a wedge.  I know I will be living in these all Summer.


Skirt: ANTHROPOLOGIE Scattered Heartsease Skirt (on Sale!)
Bracelet: ANTHROPOLOGIE Pinta Cuff
Necklace: STELLA & DOT Campari Necklace
Shoes: c/o EARTHIES Salerno Sandals 






Varius outfit
























-->

No comments: