Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Ruthanna from England




WHAT TO WEAR TO WORK: RED SUIT AND BRONZE PUMPS





Suit: Classiques Entier, similar red suits in Tweed
as a pantsuit, and with a cowl neckline
Shoes and Clutch: Clarks (clutch only available on the UK site)

It's been raining all weekend in London, so we had to snap pictures with an umbrella for the first time! Gives it a touch of the classic London look :-) For today's outfit, I picked my favorite suit from Nordstrom's Classiques Entier line. Unfortunately it is no longer in stock, but a red skirt suit is perfect for the holidays and winter in general. I've paired it with bronze/gold pumps from Clarks and a matching clutch - a touch of festive sparkle around the holidays is generally OK, even in very conservative offices!

WHAT TO WEAR TO WORK: CRANBERRY AND BROWN




Skirt: J. Crew, similar here | Blazer: Ann Taylor, similar here
Shoes: Corso Como, similar here | Purse: Vintage Skins, similar here

It is now COLD in London, and it appears fall is officially over. We are now heading into winter, with warm sweaters, thick tights and LOTS of black. I decided to shoot one more autumn outfit to officially say goodbye to the season, and threw together my favorite autumn combination of browns, cranberry and LOTS of texture. Goodbye fall, and now hello to winter!!

WHAT TO WEAR TO WORK: BLACK TURTLENECK AND GREY PENCIL SKIRT







Skirt: Love and Be Loved | Turtleneck: Lord & Taylor Cashmere
Belt: Style & Co. | Necklace: Nordstrom, similar here
Pumps: Stuart Weitzman 'Power', similar 'Nouveau'

The first outfit of the year should always be something chic and classic!! Here I've paired this gorgeous, custom-made grey pencil skirt with a classic black turtleneck and pumps. A wide red belt adds a pop of color, and some silver beads add a little sparkle. This year, my resolution is to be as fashionable as possible!!!


WHAT TO WEAR TO WORK: GREY PANELLED JACKET WITH BLACK AND WHITE FLORAL SKIRT





Skirt: Prabal Gurung for Target, similar black and white floral print here
Jacket: H&M, similar unique jacket here or standard grey blazer here
Cami: Ann Taylor, similar here
Pumps: Manolo Blahnik | Clutch: Kate Spade, similar color here

I fell in love with the panelling on this jacket the minute I tried it on and knew I had to take it home! It's incredibly versatile and the perfect shade of grey to for a British summer. Might not be the first color you think of for summer, but it's cold up here - it only got up to 75 degrees this week, and I only stopped wearing my winter coat to work at the beginning of June! The rest of the oufit is a mix of softer, floral-inspired pieces that still look appropriate in a city where brown is a "light, summery" color.


WHAT TO WEAR TO WORK: CRANBERRY SKIRT AND HERMES SCARF




Skirt: J. Crew, similar here | Sweater: Lord & Taylor
Scarf: Hermes
Pumps: Corso Como, similar here

It hasn't gotten very cold in London yet - we are still hovering around 50-60 degrees. But, the city gets dark now by 4:30pm, so winter has definitely arrived! Even brown seems a bit out of place in a city that gets dark so early, so I am moving my black clothing back into my closet. But, I didn't want to start wearing head-to-toe black yet, so I paired my black cardigan with my cranberry pencil skirt and added an Hermes scarf for a bit of color. Snakeskin pumps are the perfect touch to finish off the outfit!

WHAT TO WEAR TO WORK: WHITE SKIRT, GREY BLAZER AND BURGUNDY PUMPS





Skirt: Banana Republic, similar here | Jacket: Nordstrom, similar here
 Cami: Ann Taylor, similar here
Pumps: Clarks UK, similar here | Clutch: Clarks UK, similar here

This stunning doorway is a short walk from my apartment and I thought it made the perfect backdrop for this classic outfit. Here's proving that wearing white can extend far (almost three weeks!) past Labor Day!

LADIES WHO LUNCH...AT THEIR DESKS





I know the term "ladies who lunch" is sometimes used derogatorily, but I've always thought it sounded quite elegant. It brings to mind pictures of women in beautiful clothes delicately nibbling on cucumber sandwiches and lobster salad. Unfortunately, my daily lunch is much less elegant - microwaved food made over the weekend and frozen, eaten while catching up on the news at my desk. But, while I may not be able to eat like a "lady who lunches," I can certainly dress like one :-) My outfit today is based off of what I imagine those ladies would wear - a classic pencil skirt combined with a bright sweater, accessorized with a long strand of pearls, my class ring and matching pearl earrings. At least I can dress like I live a life of leisure!!

Skirt: Ann Taylor from several years ago, similar here for US and here for UK
Sweater: Gap from several years ago, similar here for US and here or here for UK
Pearls: similar for US here and UK here
Class Ring: wear your own, or similar here for US and here for UK
Belt: similar here for US and here for UK
Purse: Longchamp Le Pliage medium tote, US and UK 

Original post----http://www.polishedpinstripes.com




No comments: